Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Watch Video: 101-Year-Old Man Kaur Bags Gold In 100 Metres Sprint Event In Auckland

Watch Video: 101-Year-Old Man Kaur Bags Gold In 100 Metres Sprint Event In Auckland
Man Kaur's dash became more of a gentle amble the closer she came to the finish line, with more energy spent beaming at spectators than running.

Watch Video: 101-Year-Old Man Kaur Bags Gold In 100 Metres Sprint Event In Auckland

Australia Making It Tougher For Foreign Nationals To Become Australian Citizens

Australia Making It Tougher For Foreign Nationals To Become Australian Citizens
Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has announced major changes to citizenship laws, making it tougher for foreign nationals to become Australian citizens.

Australia Making It Tougher For Foreign Nationals To Become Australian Citizens

Woman Executive Who Ran Over 5 With Car In Pune, Arrested

Woman Executive Who Ran Over 5 With Car In Pune, Arrested
Sujata Shroff, director at a city-based realty firm, was arrested yesterday. She was later produced in a local court which granted her bail, they said.

Woman Executive Who Ran Over 5 With Car In Pune, Arrested

Attack On Sikh Cab Driver Troubling: Top US Lawmaker

Attack On Sikh Cab Driver Troubling: Top US Lawmaker
Reports indicate this could have been a hate crime, which makes this unacceptable attack all the more horrifying," Congressman Joe Crowley, chairman of the Democratic Caucus, said in a statement.

Attack On Sikh Cab Driver Troubling: Top US Lawmaker

Indian-Origin CEO In US Beats Wife; Offered 1 Month Jail: Report

Indian-Origin CEO In US Beats Wife; Offered 1 Month Jail: Report
Abhishek Gattani, 38, pleaded "no contest" when his wife approached the police

Indian-Origin CEO In US Beats Wife; Offered 1 Month Jail: Report

Pakistani Women Track Down, Kill Man Accused Of Blasphemy A Decade Ago

Pakistani Women Track Down, Kill Man Accused Of Blasphemy A Decade Ago
Three women dressed in burqas killed a man who had been accused of blasphemy in 2004 in a northeastern Pakistani town, police said on Thursday, the second brutal killing over alleged insults to Islam in a week.

Pakistani Women Track Down, Kill Man Accused Of Blasphemy A Decade Ago