Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

I'm President, And You're Not: Trump Tells Time Bureau Chief

I'm President, And You're Not: Trump Tells Time Bureau Chief
US President Donald Trump has defended some of the most controversial claims of his young political career in a wide-ranging interview with Time magazine.

I'm President, And You're Not: Trump Tells Time Bureau Chief

Nawaz Sharif 'Celebrated Holi Festival To Please The Indian Government', Says Hafiz Saeed's Kin

Jamaat-ud-dawa (JuD) acting chief Hafiz Abdul Rehman Makki today said that Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif celebrated Hindu festival 'Holi' to please the Indian government.

Nawaz Sharif 'Celebrated Holi Festival To Please The Indian Government', Says Hafiz Saeed's Kin

Tulsi Gabbard Asks Justice Department To Investigate Hate Crimes Against Indian-Americans

Tulsi Gabbard Asks Justice Department To Investigate Hate Crimes Against Indian-Americans
I'm very concerned about this. It's always dangerous to our people and our community when you have these violent hate crimes that are motivated out of bigotry

Tulsi Gabbard Asks Justice Department To Investigate Hate Crimes Against Indian-Americans

US Visa Screenings Gets Tougher, Personal Email, Social Media Accounts to be Scrutinized

US Visa Screenings Gets Tougher, Personal Email, Social Media Accounts to be Scrutinized
New visa screenings would require the applicant to share with visa officer all phone numbers, emails and social media accounts used in the last five years.

US Visa Screenings Gets Tougher, Personal Email, Social Media Accounts to be Scrutinized

Indian-Origin Man Returns From Work To Find Wife, Son Dead At Their New Jersey Home

Indian-Origin Man Returns From Work To Find Wife, Son Dead At Their New Jersey Home
Sasikala, 40, and her son Anish Sai were found dead in their home in Burlington, New Jersey when her husband Narra Hanumanth Rao returned from work yesterday.

Indian-Origin Man Returns From Work To Find Wife, Son Dead At Their New Jersey Home

Autistic UK-Indian Man Humiliated By Gym Staff Teaches Himself Law, Beats Firm In Court

Autistic UK-Indian Man Humiliated By Gym Staff Teaches Himself Law, Beats Firm In Court
Ketan Aggarwal, a resident of Southall, London, was attending a spin class at his gym in May 2015 when he was called “stupid” by gym staff

Autistic UK-Indian Man Humiliated By Gym Staff Teaches Himself Law, Beats Firm In Court