Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Indian Sufi Clerics Blame Pakistani Newspaper For Their Troubles

Indian Sufi Clerics Blame Pakistani Newspaper For Their Troubles
A little-known Urdu newspaper in Pakistan had accused two Indian sufi clerics of being RAW agents thus getting them into trouble with intelligence sleuths who wanted to know the truth, the men said in Delhi on Monday.

Indian Sufi Clerics Blame Pakistani Newspaper For Their Troubles

Pakistan Court Orders Separate Counting Of Sikhs In Census

Pakistan Court Orders Separate Counting Of Sikhs In Census
A Pakistani court today ordered authorities to ensure separate counting of Sikhs in the nationwide census, after the community members filed a plea for not being counted among the religions

Pakistan Court Orders Separate Counting Of Sikhs In Census

Pervez Musharraf Wanted 'Secret Deal' To Form Joint Government: Nawaz Sharif

Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has said that former dictator Pervez Musharraf had offered him a "secret deal" to return to the country from exile in Saudi Arabia to form a joint government in 2008.

Pervez Musharraf Wanted 'Secret Deal' To Form Joint Government: Nawaz Sharif

Belgian Police Arrest Man Trying To Drive Into Crowd In Antwerp

Belgian Police Arrest Man Trying To Drive Into Crowd In Antwerp
French-Tunisian is arrested after trying to drive a car loaded with liquid gas, assault rifle and knives into shoppers in terror attack in Antwerp

Belgian Police Arrest Man Trying To Drive Into Crowd In Antwerp

London Terror Attack: 52-Yr-Old Khalid Masood Named By Police As Responsible For Westminster Attack

London Terror Attack: 52-Yr-Old Khalid Masood Named By Police As Responsible For Westminster Attack
The man believed to have carried out the attack in Westminster has been named by police as Khalid Masood.

London Terror Attack: 52-Yr-Old Khalid Masood Named By Police As Responsible For Westminster Attack

Vancouver Police Seek Volkswagen Jetta After Serious Hit-And-Run

Vancouver Police Seek Volkswagen Jetta After Serious Hit-And-Run
Police are seeking the public’s help in locating a vehicle that fled after hitting a pedestrian last weekend.

Vancouver Police Seek Volkswagen Jetta After Serious Hit-And-Run