Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Indian Engineer Shot Dead In Kansas Bar By Navy Veteran, Attacker Shouted 'Get Out Of My Country'

Indian Engineer Shot Dead In Kansas Bar By Navy Veteran, Attacker Shouted 'Get Out Of My Country'
Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj tweeted "I am shocked" and said she has promised assistance to Mr Kuchibhotla's family including helping to bring the 32-year-old's body back to Hyderabad.

Indian Engineer Shot Dead In Kansas Bar By Navy Veteran, Attacker Shouted 'Get Out Of My Country'

Indians Largest Group Of Foreign Skilled Workers In UK

Indians Largest Group Of Foreign Skilled Workers In UK
Indians were the largest group of skilled workers granted visas to live and work in the UK last year at 57 per cent, according to official figures released here today.

Indians Largest Group Of Foreign Skilled Workers In UK

European Union Willing To Accommodate More Indian IT Professionals

European Union Willing To Accommodate More Indian IT Professionals
The European Union on Wednesday indicated that it would be willing to accommodate more Indian IT professionals amid concerns over the Trump administration tightening H1B visa norms.

European Union Willing To Accommodate More Indian IT Professionals

US Won't Compromise On EU Support To Please Russia: Nikki Haley

US Won't Compromise On EU Support To Please Russia: Nikki Haley
US ambassador to UN Nikki Haley has said the US will not compromise on its support for the European Union and NATO in its quest to improve relations with Russia.

US Won't Compromise On EU Support To Please Russia: Nikki Haley

Indian-Origin MP Seema Malhotra Among Anti-Trump Voices In UK Parliament

Indian-Origin MP Seema Malhotra Among Anti-Trump Voices In UK Parliament
Indian-origin Labour MP Seema Malhotra was among a number of British MPs who spoke out against US President Donald Trump's proposed state visit to the UK in Parliament.

Indian-Origin MP Seema Malhotra Among Anti-Trump Voices In UK Parliament

Trump's Immigration Plans Could Impact 3 Lakh Indian-Americans

Trump's Immigration Plans Could Impact 3 Lakh Indian-Americans
Nearly 300,000 Indian-Americans are likely to be impacted by the Trump administration's sweeping plans that put the nation's 11 million undocumented immigrants at risk of deportation.

Trump's Immigration Plans Could Impact 3 Lakh Indian-Americans