Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

At Indian Restaurant In UK, Diners Were Mid-Meal When Cockroaches Shut It Down

At Indian Restaurant In UK, Diners Were Mid-Meal When Cockroaches Shut It Down
A resident of the district made us aware that a pest control company had been visiting Sands. 

At Indian Restaurant In UK, Diners Were Mid-Meal When Cockroaches Shut It Down

Al-Qaeda Using US Preoccupation With ISIS To Spread To India, Warns US Expert

Al-Qaeda Using US Preoccupation With ISIS To Spread To India, Warns US Expert
Al-Qaeda has used America's "preoccupation" with the ISIS to regain strength in South Asia and preparing to spread its ideology in India from its "home" in western Pakistan, top US lawmakers have warned. 

Al-Qaeda Using US Preoccupation With ISIS To Spread To India, Warns US Expert

10 Members Of Donald Trump's Advisory Commission Resign In US

10 Members Of Donald Trump's Advisory Commission Resign In US
We object to your portrayal of immigrants, refugees, people of color and people of various faiths as untrustworthy, threatening, and a drain on our nation

10 Members Of Donald Trump's Advisory Commission Resign In US

Sikh Man Gets Life Term For Brutally Killing Step-Grandfather In UK

Sikh Man Gets Life Term For Brutally Killing Step-Grandfather In UK
  Sukhraj Singh Atwal, of Derby, was told it would be 20 years until he is eligible to apply for parole after a jury at at the Nottingham Crown Court found him guilty of murdering his step-grandfather Satnam Singh, the father of his mother's ex-husband

Sikh Man Gets Life Term For Brutally Killing Step-Grandfather In UK

Pakistan Army Claims 100 Terrorists Killed After Shrine Bombing

Pakistan Army Claims 100 Terrorists Killed After Shrine Bombing
Pakistan Army today claimed to have killed more than 100 suspected terrorists in retaliation to an ISIS suicide bombing at a crowded Sufi shrine in Sindh province that claimed 88 lives.

Pakistan Army Claims 100 Terrorists Killed After Shrine Bombing

Culprit Who Killed Indian Student In California Arrested: Sushma Swaraj

Culprit Who Killed Indian Student In California Arrested: Sushma Swaraj
The culprit responsible for the killing of a 26-year-old Indian man in Santa Clara County of California last week has been arrested, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said today and assured all assistance to the family of the deceased.

Culprit Who Killed Indian Student In California Arrested: Sushma Swaraj