Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Northerners Press Trudeau On Electoral Reform; Pm Admits 'I Turned My Back'

Now is no time to be provoking political instability in Canada, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Friday as he justified turning his back — his words — on his unequivocal promise to change the way Canadians elect their federal government.

Northerners Press Trudeau On Electoral Reform; Pm Admits 'I Turned My Back'

Canada, U.S. Hoping For Progress On Border Preclearance For Monday Meeting

Canada, U.S. Hoping For Progress On Border Preclearance For Monday Meeting
The two countries have been pecking away for years at a list of items intended to bolster continental security while ensuring the speedy flow of goods and people across the border.

Canada, U.S. Hoping For Progress On Border Preclearance For Monday Meeting

Chinese Soldier, Who Accidentally Crossed Border And Came To India, Returns Home After 54 Years

Chinese Soldier, Who Accidentally Crossed Border And Came To India, Returns Home After 54 Years
Wang Qi, 77, was received by his Chinese relatives, as well as the officials from China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Indian Embassy.

Chinese Soldier, Who Accidentally Crossed Border And Came To India, Returns Home After 54 Years

Trudeau Meets Trump: How Past PMs Have Dealt With Unpopular U.S. Presidents

Canada's prime minister has to go see the U.S. president, and he's not especially thrilled. The president is deeply unpopular in Canada — and elsewhere, since campaigning on protectionism and tariffs.

Trudeau Meets Trump: How Past PMs Have Dealt With Unpopular U.S. Presidents

ISIS Continues To Recruit From Af-Pak Border Region: UN Report

The report noted that a UN Member State reported that ISIS had around 2,000 to 3,500 fighters overall in Afghanistan but that number had not fallen significantly despite heavy losses sustained in 2016.

ISIS Continues To Recruit From Af-Pak Border Region: UN Report

US Firms Going Abroad Can't Say 'Bye-Bye And Fire Everybody', Warns Donald Trump

In his weekly address to the nation, Donald Trump also said that he is working on a major tax reform which would massively reduce taxes of American workers and businesses.

US Firms Going Abroad Can't Say 'Bye-Bye And Fire Everybody', Warns Donald Trump