Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Woman Says 'Justice' In Sexual Assault Case Came At Personal Cost

Woman Says 'Justice' In Sexual Assault Case Came At Personal Cost
While the 22-year-old Nova Scotia woman says ultimately "justice was served" by the courts, she maintains it came at such a personal cost she would have been better off had she never gone to the authorities.

Woman Says 'Justice' In Sexual Assault Case Came At Personal Cost

Quebec Student Athlete Says He Was Denied Entry To The United States

Quebec Student Athlete Says He Was Denied Entry To The United States
Yassine Aber, 19, was denied entry to the United States on Thursday. The Canadian-born athlete faced questions about his place of birth, his parents and countries he's visited recently. 

Quebec Student Athlete Says He Was Denied Entry To The United States

India Will Be World's Fastest Growing Economy In 5 Years: Top US Think Tank

India Will Be World's Fastest Growing Economy In 5 Years: Top US Think Tank
Pakistan, unable to match India's economic prowess, will seek other methods to maintain even a semblance of balance

India Will Be World's Fastest Growing Economy In 5 Years: Top US Think Tank

One Dead, Five In Hospital After Fire At Toronto Community Housing Building

One Dead, Five In Hospital After Fire At Toronto Community Housing Building
Toronto's fire chief says one person died and five others were taken to hospital after a fire at a downtown community housing building on Thursday evening.

One Dead, Five In Hospital After Fire At Toronto Community Housing Building

H1B Visa Changes: External Affairs Ministry Says Engaged With US on Issue

H1B Visa Changes: External Affairs Ministry Says Engaged With US on Issue
India on Thursday said it is engaged with the Donald Trump administration as well as members of the US Congress on concerns regarding the H1B visa issue, amidst apprehension that there may be a clamp down on it which can hurt Indian IT industry.

H1B Visa Changes: External Affairs Ministry Says Engaged With US on Issue

Pakistani Woman Gunned Down By Relative For Working

Pakistani Woman Gunned Down By Relative For Working
A woman was gunned down in Kohat's Astarzai area last Friday allegedly by a relative who objected to her working outside the home, police said.

Pakistani Woman Gunned Down By Relative For Working