Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Mother Of Canadian Killed Fighting ISIL Questions Delay In Returning Son's Body

Mother Of Canadian Killed Fighting ISIL Questions Delay In Returning Son's Body
  Nazzareno Tassone, 24, was killed on Dec. 21 in the city of Raqqa, while fighting alongside the Kurdish People's Defense Units, a U.S.-backed group also known as the YPG.

Mother Of Canadian Killed Fighting ISIL Questions Delay In Returning Son's Body

Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan Hints At New Money For Military After Meeting U.S. Counterpart

Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan Hints At New Money For Military After Meeting U.S. Counterpart
OTTAWA — Canada's defence minister is hinting at new money for the military following a much-anticipated meeting with his U.S. counterpart in Washington this week.

Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan Hints At New Money For Military After Meeting U.S. Counterpart

Public Safety Minister Says 200 People Have Lost Access To Nexus card

bout 200 Canadian people have been unable to use their Nexus cards to cross the American border since U.S. President Donald Trump ordered a temporary halt to immigration from certain countries

Public Safety Minister Says 200 People Have Lost Access To Nexus card

B.C. Centre On Substance Use Releases Guidelines For Treatment Of Opioid Abuse

B.C.  Centre On Substance Use Releases Guidelines For Treatment Of Opioid Abuse
VANCOUVER — British Columbia's fledgling network for research into drug abuse has released new provincial guidelines for doctors and nurses on treating people addicted to opioids.

B.C. Centre On Substance Use Releases Guidelines For Treatment Of Opioid Abuse

Canadian Man Who Strangled High School Sweetheart In Ohio Gets Life

Canadian Man Who Strangled High School Sweetheart In Ohio Gets Life
TORONTO — A Canadian-American man who fled from Ohio to Quebec after strangling his high school sweetheart with a belt has pleaded guilty to murder and been sentenced to life behind bars.

Canadian Man Who Strangled High School Sweetheart In Ohio Gets Life

Newfoundland University Waives Fee For Students Hit By Trump Travel Ban

Newfoundland University Waives Fee For Students Hit By Trump Travel Ban
  A spokeswoman for Memorial University of Newfoundland says the school is getting double the number of inquiries it usually gets from students in the United States.

Newfoundland University Waives Fee For Students Hit By Trump Travel Ban