Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Baby Born From 16-Year-Old Frozen Embryo In China

Baby Born From 16-Year-Old Frozen Embryo In China
The woman gave birth to a son at the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University in Guangdong Province in early February.

Baby Born From 16-Year-Old Frozen Embryo In China

Man Admits Ripping Off Woman's Niqab In UK

Man Admits Ripping Off Woman's Niqab In UK
A 55-year-old British man today admitted in a UK court to ripping off a Muslim woman's niqab or full face veil in a shopping centre and yelling "you are in our country now".

Man Admits Ripping Off Woman's Niqab In UK

Donald Trump Should Levy Costs On Pak For Perpetuating Terror: US Thinktanks

Donald Trump Should Levy Costs On Pak For Perpetuating Terror: US Thinktanks
For too long, the US has given Pakistan a pass on its support for some terrorist groups based in Pakistan, including those used against India. 

Donald Trump Should Levy Costs On Pak For Perpetuating Terror: US Thinktanks

Melania Trump Says White House Could Mean Millions For Brand

Melania Trump Says White House Could Mean Millions For Brand
A spokeswoman for the first lady said the website was updated out of "an abundance of caution" and that the jewelry line is no longer available in any case.

Melania Trump Says White House Could Mean Millions For Brand

Indian-Origin Artist Anish Kapoor Wins 2017 Genesis Prize

Britain-based Indian-origin artist and human rights activist Anish Kapoor has been honoured with the 2017 Genesis Prize given by the Genesis Prize Foundation.

Indian-Origin Artist Anish Kapoor Wins 2017 Genesis Prize

Saudi Arabia Deports 39,000 Pakistanis In 4 Months: Report

Saudi Arabia Deports 39,000 Pakistanis In 4 Months: Report
  They said a number of Pakistanis were held in the crimes of drug trafficking, thefts, forgery and physical assault.

Saudi Arabia Deports 39,000 Pakistanis In 4 Months: Report