Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Important To Be Part Of System For Punjab's Welfare: Navjot Kaur Sidhu On Joining Congress

The former BJP leader said that AAP lacked honesty and hence she decided to join Congress.

Important To Be Part Of System For Punjab's Welfare: Navjot Kaur Sidhu On Joining Congress

4-Year-Old Playing With A Gun On Thanksgiving Shot A 2-Year-Old Cousin In Philadelphia

4-Year-Old Playing With A Gun On Thanksgiving Shot A 2-Year-Old Cousin In Philadelphia
When authorities responded to the Philadelphia home on Thursday afternoon, they discovered a young child who had been shot, according to police.

4-Year-Old Playing With A Gun On Thanksgiving Shot A 2-Year-Old Cousin In Philadelphia

Indian Man Killed In UK After Car Cruise Control Malfunction

Indian Man Killed In UK After Car Cruise Control Malfunction
A 32-year-old Indian-origin man was killed on a slip road of a busy highway in the UK after the cruise control of his car got jammed, an inquest into his death was told.

Indian Man Killed In UK After Car Cruise Control Malfunction

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Faces International Criticism Over Statement On Fidel Castro's Death

"A legendary revolutionary and orator, Mr. Castro made significant improvements to the education and health care of his island nation," Trudeau said.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Faces International Criticism Over Statement On Fidel Castro's Death

Melania Trump Is Set To Be A Long-Distance First Lady

Melania Trump Is Set To Be A Long-Distance First Lady
Trump will move into the White House after the Jan. 20 inauguration. Breaking with tradition, Melania Trump and 10-year-old son Barron plan to remain in New York City until at least the end of the school year.

Melania Trump Is Set To Be A Long-Distance First Lady

Memorial In Honour Of Indian Bus Driver To Come Up In Brisbane

Memorial In Honour Of Indian Bus Driver To Come Up In Brisbane
  A preliminary investigation by the Australian authorities into the killing of 29-year-old Manmeet Sharma alias Alisher has indicated mental illness of the assailant as the probable cause of the horrific crime.

Memorial In Honour Of Indian Bus Driver To Come Up In Brisbane