Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

SPCA Says Flock Of Abandoned Ducklings Need New Homes In Metro Vancouver

ALDERGROVE, B.C. — A mystery involving nearly 200 ducklings is unfolding in the community of Aldergrove, B.C.

SPCA Says Flock Of Abandoned Ducklings Need New Homes In Metro Vancouver

Neil Prakash, Australia's Most-Wanted Jihadist, With Indian Links, Arrested

Neil Prakash, Australia's Most-Wanted Jihadist, With Indian Links, Arrested
Once believed to be dead, Australia's most wanted Islamist terrorist, Neil Prakash, whose father is a Fiji-Indian, is reported to have been arrested while trying to cross over from war-torn Syria into Turkey.

Neil Prakash, Australia's Most-Wanted Jihadist, With Indian Links, Arrested

Distraught Indian In UAE Sees Ray Of Hope

Distraught Indian In UAE Sees Ray Of Hope
An Indian man who was forced to spend over eight months on the terrace of a building in UAE's Ajman city is finally getting much needed offers of help, a newspaper said on Friday.

Distraught Indian In UAE Sees Ray Of Hope

Stage Actress Kismat Baig Shot Dead In Pakistan's Lahore

Stage Actress Kismat Baig Shot Dead In Pakistan's Lahore
Kismat Baig was returning to her house after performing at a stage play when gunmen riding a car and a motorcycle intercepted her and opened fire at her last evening

Stage Actress Kismat Baig Shot Dead In Pakistan's Lahore

Trudeau Says There's No Link Between Him And Foundation Bearing Family Name

MONROVIA, Liberia — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is distancing himself from a growing opposition furor over a private Liberal fundraiser where one attendee subsequently donated $1 million to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation.

Trudeau Says There's No Link Between Him And Foundation Bearing Family Name

Toronto Mayor To Introduce Road Toll Plan For Two Highways

Toronto Mayor To Introduce Road Toll Plan For Two Highways
TORONTO — The mayor of Canada's largest city says he wants to impose a toll of roughly $2 on two major highways leading to Toronto's downtown core.

Toronto Mayor To Introduce Road Toll Plan For Two Highways