Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Swedish Workers Can Now Report Mansplaining Via Dedicated Hotline

Swedish Workers Can Now Report Mansplaining Via Dedicated Hotline
 A large Swedish trade union has been running a weeklong hotline where people can talk about condescending or patronizing co-workers in an effort to raise awareness about workplace sexism and start a discussion about relations between employees.

Swedish Workers Can Now Report Mansplaining Via Dedicated Hotline

Canada's Ambassador To The U.s. Says Protectionists Feeling Stronger With Trump

Canada's Ambassador To The U.s. Says Protectionists Feeling Stronger With Trump
MONTREAL — Canada must put together a team to educate Donald Trump and other Americans on the benefits of free trade, the country's ambassador to the United States said Wednesday.

Canada's Ambassador To The U.s. Says Protectionists Feeling Stronger With Trump

Vice-Presidential Candidate Tim Kaine To Attend Halifax Security Forum Hosted by Harjit Sajjan

Vice-Presidential Candidate Tim Kaine To Attend Halifax Security Forum Hosted by Harjit Sajjan
HALIFAX — Less than two weeks after Republican Donald Trump's stunning electoral victory, the Democratic contender for U.S. vice-president, Tim Kaine, is scheduled to attend an international foreign affairs and defence conference in Halifax.

Vice-Presidential Candidate Tim Kaine To Attend Halifax Security Forum Hosted by Harjit Sajjan

Hillary Clinton: Wanted To ‘Curl Up’ After Defeat To Donald Trump

Hillary Clinton: Wanted To ‘Curl Up’ After Defeat To Donald Trump
Clinton emotionally reflected about the loss and how she wished she could tell her mother that her struggles were worth it because of what her daughter had accomplished.

Hillary Clinton: Wanted To ‘Curl Up’ After Defeat To Donald Trump

Employees Are Scared For Their Safety After Donald Trump's Win: Indra Nooyi

Employees Are Scared For Their Safety After Donald Trump's Win: Indra Nooyi
PepsiCo's India-born CEO Indra Nooyi has said Hillary Clinton's defeat in the elections has left her daughters, gay workers, employees and the non-whites devasted as there was "serious concern" among them about their safety in the US with Donald Trump as president.

Employees Are Scared For Their Safety After Donald Trump's Win: Indra Nooyi

Man Threatens To Set Hijab-Wearing Muslim Woman On Fire In US

Muslim woman in the US was approached by an unidentified man who yelled at her and threatened to set her on fire if she did not remove her hijab, prompting the police to investigate the hate crime incident.

Man Threatens To Set Hijab-Wearing Muslim Woman On Fire In US