Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

B.C. Home Sales Slide In October, But Analyst Sees Strength In Some Regions

B.C. Home Sales Slide In October, But Analyst Sees Strength In Some Regions
VANCOUVER — Figures from the British Columbia Real Estate Association show October was another challenging month for housing sales in some parts of British Columbia, while other regions prospered.

B.C. Home Sales Slide In October, But Analyst Sees Strength In Some Regions

Pak Gurdwara Reopens In Guru Nanak's Birthplace

Pak Gurdwara Reopens In Guru Nanak's Birthplace
A pre-Partition gurdwara in Nankana Sahib — the birthplace of Guru Nanak — has been reopened in Pakistan's Punjab province.

Pak Gurdwara Reopens In Guru Nanak's Birthplace

Trump's First Week: 12 Developments Since His Election Shocker

Trump's First Week: 12 Developments Since His Election Shocker
Donald Trump has sat down for his first interviews since becoming U.S. president-elect, has shared his views on his state of mind since the stunning victory, and made announcements on his plans for the country.

Trump's First Week: 12 Developments Since His Election Shocker

Many Indian-Americans Could Be Part Of Donald Trump Administration: Top Republican Leader

Many Indian-Americans Could Be Part Of Donald Trump Administration: Top Republican Leader
Many prominent Indian-Americans could be part of Donald Trump's administration, a senior Republican leader has said, asserting that the president-elect has a "history of hiring the best talent".

Many Indian-Americans Could Be Part Of Donald Trump Administration: Top Republican Leader

Woman, Newborn Stranded In US After Husband Dies, Sushma Swaraj Offers Help

Woman, Newborn Stranded In US After Husband Dies, Sushma Swaraj Offers Help
An Indian woman in the US who gave birth to a baby girl few days ago, weeks after her husband died of a heart attack has been assured by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj of all possible help.

Woman, Newborn Stranded In US After Husband Dies, Sushma Swaraj Offers Help

Back To The Shadows: Trump Win Has Hundreds Of Thousands Worried They Must Hide

Back To The Shadows: Trump Win Has Hundreds Of Thousands Worried They Must Hide
WASHINGTON — A feeling of dread is rippling through one particular group in the United States, as hundreds of thousands of young people fear they might have to hide in society's shadows during a Donald Trump presidency.

Back To The Shadows: Trump Win Has Hundreds Of Thousands Worried They Must Hide