Sunday, February 15, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Baby 'Born Twice' After Miracle Surgery In US

Baby 'Born Twice' After Miracle Surgery In US
A baby girl in the US was successfully 'born' for the second time, after being taken out of her mother's womb for 20 minutes at 23 weeks of pregnancy for a groundbreaking surgery to save her life.

Baby 'Born Twice' After Miracle Surgery In US

Pakistan uses force to thwart ‘Black Day’ protests in PoK

Pakistan uses force to thwart ‘Black Day’ protests in PoK
On this day in 1947, Pakistan had violated all international norms and had sent tribals to invade Kashmir, since then this day has been marked as Black Day every year.

Pakistan uses force to thwart ‘Black Day’ protests in PoK

Iconic ‘Afghan girl’ arrested By Pakistan for forged ID card, UNHCR distances itself From Issue

Iconic ‘Afghan girl’ arrested By Pakistan for forged ID card, UNHCR distances itself From Issue
The United Nation's refugee agency in Pakistan claimed that Sharbat Gula - known as Afghanistan's green-eyed Mona Lisa - is not a registered refugee.

Iconic ‘Afghan girl’ arrested By Pakistan for forged ID card, UNHCR distances itself From Issue

JeM Chief Masood Azhar Is A 'Terrorist', Says Pervez Musharraf

Former Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf has described Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar as a "terrorist", saying he has been involved in bomb blasts even in his country.

JeM Chief Masood Azhar Is A 'Terrorist', Says Pervez Musharraf

Kashmir A Matter For India, Pak To Sort Out: British PM Theresa May

The issue was raised in the House of Commons during the weekly Prime Minister's Questions session on Wednesday by Pakistani-born Labour lawmaker Yasmin Qureshi

Kashmir A Matter For India, Pak To Sort Out: British PM Theresa May

41-Year-Old Indian Woman Sentenced To Death In Malaysia For Trafficking Over 1.6 Kg Of Drugs

41-Year-Old Indian Woman Sentenced To Death In Malaysia For Trafficking Over 1.6 Kg Of Drugs
A 41-year-old Indian woman, reportedly a beauty parlour owner in New Delhi, has been sentenced to death by the Malaysian High Court for trafficking over 1.6 kg of drugs.

41-Year-Old Indian Woman Sentenced To Death In Malaysia For Trafficking Over 1.6 Kg Of Drugs