Sunday, February 15, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

3 Canadians Refused Bail After Appearing In Australian Court On Drug Charges

3 Canadians Refused Bail After Appearing In Australian Court On Drug Charges
Andre Tamine, 64, Isabelle Lagace, 28, and Melina Roberge, 23, were arrested in late August after the MS Sea Princess, operated by California-based Princess Cruises, berthed in the Australian metropolis.

3 Canadians Refused Bail After Appearing In Australian Court On Drug Charges

'I Treated Her As A Sex Object, That Turned Me On,' British Banker's Torture Video Stuns Jury

'I Treated Her As A Sex Object, That Turned Me On,' British Banker's Torture Video Stuns Jury
Filming himself torturing and killing a young Indonesian woman, British investment banker Rurik Jutting veered between boasting, remorse and describing the pleasure he derived from sexually brutalising the first of two victims.

'I Treated Her As A Sex Object, That Turned Me On,' British Banker's Torture Video Stuns Jury

Indian Paid $9 Million For License Plate, Parked Rolls In Disabled Spot

Indian Paid $9 Million For License Plate, Parked Rolls In Disabled Spot
An Indian businessman, who hit the headlines earlier this month after buying a unique single- digit car number plate for a whopping USD 9 million, has made news again, but for wrong reasons after allegedly parking in a disabled parking space.

Indian Paid $9 Million For License Plate, Parked Rolls In Disabled Spot

I'm Sure She's Never Been Grabbed: Donald Trump On Adult Film Star Accuser

I'm Sure She's Never Been Grabbed: Donald Trump On Adult Film Star Accuser
Stoking yet another controversy, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump took a swipe at an adult film star who has accused him of inappropriate sexual contact, saying "Oh, I'm sure she's never been grabbed before".

I'm Sure She's Never Been Grabbed: Donald Trump On Adult Film Star Accuser

India Visit Shows Importance Of Bilateral Ties: British PM Theresa May

India Visit Shows Importance Of Bilateral Ties: British PM Theresa May
British Prime Minister Theresa May has said her upcoming three-day visit to India shows the importance of the UK and India bilateral ties which will be a true celebration of relations and shared ambition for the future.

India Visit Shows Importance Of Bilateral Ties: British PM Theresa May

United States Cannot Have Reality TV In Oval Office: Barack Obama

US President Barack Obama has appealed to Americans to deliver a big win to Hillary Clinton and a crushing defeat to Donald Trump in the November 8 general elections, saying the country cannot have a reality TV show in the Oval Office.

United States Cannot Have Reality TV In Oval Office: Barack Obama