Sunday, February 15, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Decent Men Do Not Demean Women: Michelle Obama

US First Lady Michelle Obama has taken a dig at Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, saying decent men do not "demean" women as she appealed to the Americans not to tolerate such kind of behaviour from any man.

Decent Men Do Not Demean Women: Michelle Obama

Raped, Impaled - High School Student's Murder Sparks Protests In Argentina

Raped, Impaled - High School Student's Murder Sparks Protests In Argentina
Dressed in black, thousands of Argentines took to the streets Wednesday to protest the brutal rape and murder of a 16-year-old girl, the latest case of violence against women to shock the country.

Raped, Impaled - High School Student's Murder Sparks Protests In Argentina

Donald Trump Rhetoric Gives Hope To Indian-American Congress Hopeful

An Indian-American social-worker running for the US Congress from New Jersey is confident of winning the seat and dislodging a four-time Republican veteran in the November 8 general elections due to Donald Trump's rhetoric and lewd remarks about women.

Donald Trump Rhetoric Gives Hope To Indian-American Congress Hopeful

A US Man Called Police To Help His Distressed Wife. They Wound Up Killing Her

A US Man Called Police To Help His Distressed Wife. They Wound Up Killing Her
The man told a 911 operator that his wife was in distress. He wanted a mental health officer sent to their south Austin apartment to help calm things down.

A US Man Called Police To Help His Distressed Wife. They Wound Up Killing Her

Woman Facing Deportation Issues Plea To Stay In Country She Considers Home

HALIFAX — A 33-year-old woman facing deportation to the U.K. pleaded Thursday to be allowed to stay in the country she considers home, a day before a hearing that may shed light on her fate.

Woman Facing Deportation Issues Plea To Stay In Country She Considers Home

Syrian Man Tried In Germany Over Abduction Of Canadian UN Observer

Syrian Man Tried In Germany Over Abduction Of Canadian UN Observer
BERLIN — A Syrian man charged with war crimes for allegedly participating in the 2013 kidnapping of a United Nations observer — believed to be a Canadian lawyer — has gone on trial in Germany.

Syrian Man Tried In Germany Over Abduction Of Canadian UN Observer