Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Official Visit, State Dinner At White House For Justin Trudeau Set For Mid-March

Trudeau and his wife are to be welcomed by the Obamas for an official visit and state dinner at the White House on March 10.

Official Visit, State Dinner At White House For Justin Trudeau Set For Mid-March

Another Hate Crime: 'Americans Attacking Sikhs Thinking They're Muslims'

Another Hate Crime: 'Americans Attacking Sikhs Thinking They're Muslims'
In the latest string of incidents targeting turbaned Sikh Americans, Amrik Singh Bal, 68, was assaulted in California

Another Hate Crime: 'Americans Attacking Sikhs Thinking They're Muslims'

Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif Dons Pink Turban Gifted To Him By Narendra Modi At Granddaughter's Wedding

Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif Dons Pink Turban Gifted To Him By Narendra Modi At Granddaughter's Wedding
Nawaz donned the 'Indian Rajasthani pink turban' during Modi's surprise visit on Friday, a source at Nawaz's Jati Umrah residence told the Press.

Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif Dons Pink Turban Gifted To Him By Narendra Modi At Granddaughter's Wedding

U.S. Court Reverses Conviction Of Man For Trying To Encourage Ontario Student's Suicide

U.S. Court Reverses Conviction Of Man For Trying To Encourage Ontario Student's Suicide
MINNEAPOLIS — An appeals court has reversed the conviction of a Minnesota man for trying to encourage an 18-year-old Carleton University student to kill herself.

U.S. Court Reverses Conviction Of Man For Trying To Encourage Ontario Student's Suicide

Australian Band Sparks Outrage With Naked Shoot

Australian Band Sparks Outrage With Naked Shoot
The band's members -- Luke Hemmings, Calum Hood, Ashton Irwin, and Michael Clifford -- posed for the January issue of Rolling Stone magazine. 

Australian Band Sparks Outrage With Naked Shoot

US Police Fatally Shoot Nearly 1,000 Civilians In 2015: Report

US Police Fatally Shoot Nearly 1,000 Civilians In 2015: Report
A total of 965 American civilians were shot and killed by the US police in 2015, and black unarmed men were six times as likely as whites to be shot dead by police, a report said on Sunday.

US Police Fatally Shoot Nearly 1,000 Civilians In 2015: Report