Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

PM Modi Makes Surprise Pakistan Visit, Pak Welcomes India's Initiative

PM Modi Makes Surprise Pakistan Visit, Pak Welcomes India's Initiative
During the stop over at Lahore, Modi and Sharif spent some 90 minutes at Sharif's ancestral residence in Raiwind town, about 40 km from Lahore, and decided to continue the suspended dialogue between the two countries after months of border tension.

PM Modi Makes Surprise Pakistan Visit, Pak Welcomes India's Initiative

37 Injured In Pakistan As 6.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Central Asia

37 Injured In Pakistan As 6.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Central Asia
At least 37 people were injured when an earthquake measuring 6.9 on Richter Scale jolted Pakistani capital Islamabad and parts of east Punjab in the wee hours of Saturday morning, Geo News said.

37 Injured In Pakistan As 6.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Central Asia

India, Russia Sign 16 Agreements, Defence Manufacturing Gets Boost

India, Russia Sign 16 Agreements, Defence Manufacturing Gets Boost
India and Russia signed 16 agreements, including manufacturing of Kamov 226 helicopters and Russian-designed nuclear reactors in India, even as Moscow affirmed its strong support for India's UN Security Council membership bid.

India, Russia Sign 16 Agreements, Defence Manufacturing Gets Boost

Salvadoran Dad Weeps In Relief On Leaving B.C. Church After 2 Years In Sanctuary

Salvadoran Dad Weeps In Relief On Leaving B.C. Church After 2 Years In Sanctuary
The asylum seeker from El Salvador sobbed joyously in the embrace of his wife and then pumped his fists in victory outside Walnut Grove Lutheran Church in Langley, B.C.

Salvadoran Dad Weeps In Relief On Leaving B.C. Church After 2 Years In Sanctuary

Search For Knife Near Downtown Victoria After Early Morning Attack

Search For Knife Near Downtown Victoria After Early Morning Attack
VICTORIA — A homeless camp in Victoria is behind yellow tape as police investigate a stabbing in the area.

Search For Knife Near Downtown Victoria After Early Morning Attack

Health Canada Says Unauthorized Drugs Seized From Retailers In Ontario And B.C.

Health Canada Says Unauthorized Drugs Seized From Retailers In Ontario And B.C.
OTTAWA — Health Canada says unauthorized drugs have been seized from retailers in Ontario and British Columbia.

Health Canada Says Unauthorized Drugs Seized From Retailers In Ontario And B.C.