Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Like Everyone Else, Extremists And Violent Criminals Share Their Acts Via Digital-Age Tools

 Tashfeen Malik, the woman involved in this week's Southern California mass shooting, has another claim to notoriety

Like Everyone Else, Extremists And Violent Criminals Share Their Acts Via Digital-Age Tools

Hunt For Indian-Origin Suspected Of Molesting New Zealand Woman

Hunt For Indian-Origin Suspected Of Molesting New Zealand Woman
The police called for public assistance to identify a man who grabbed a young woman from behind, covered her mouth before indecently assaulting her at Sunnynook Bus Station - the smallest such in Auckland

Hunt For Indian-Origin Suspected Of Molesting New Zealand Woman

'We Feel Ashamed': Pakistani Relatives of California Shooter Tashfeen Malik

'We Feel Ashamed': Pakistani Relatives of California Shooter Tashfeen Malik
Tashfeen Malik, 29, and her husband Syed Farook, 28, gunned down 14 people at a social services centre in San Bernardino, an act praised by the Islamic State group who hailed the couple as "soldiers" of its self-proclaimed caliphate.

'We Feel Ashamed': Pakistani Relatives of California Shooter Tashfeen Malik

Pakistan To Help In California Shooting Probe

Pakistan will share information with the US about the California shooting in line with the international obligations, the country's interior minister said on Sunday.

Pakistan To Help In California Shooting Probe

India, Pakistan begin talking again - in Bangkok

India, Pakistan begin talking again - in Bangkok
India and Pakistan on Sunday quietly resumed their stalled dialogue in Bangkok, with their National Security Advisors discussing an array of contentious bilateral issues and promising to "carry forward the constructive engagement".

India, Pakistan begin talking again - in Bangkok

Media Swarming California Shooters' Home Recalls Incident In B.C.

Media Swarming California Shooters' Home Recalls Incident In B.C.
VANCOUVER — A chaotic scene unfolded Friday when a landlord pried open the door of the California townhouse where San Bernardino mass shooters Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik lived.

Media Swarming California Shooters' Home Recalls Incident In B.C.