Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

No Revealing Clothes At Angkor Wat, Please

No Revealing Clothes At Angkor Wat, Please
Cambodia on Friday decreed that visitors should not wear revealing clothes or smoke at the famed Angkor Wat temple, which was originally built as a Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Vishnu.

No Revealing Clothes At Angkor Wat, Please

US Supreme Court To Take Up College Reservation Adversely Impacting Indian Diaspora

US Supreme Court To Take Up College Reservation Adversely Impacting Indian Diaspora
The US Supreme Court is set to take up next week a case challenging the legality of reservations based on race in colleges and university admissions that adversely impact the Indian diaspora.

US Supreme Court To Take Up College Reservation Adversely Impacting Indian Diaspora

Donald Trump At The Top Again In Republican Presidential Race

Donald Trump At The Top Again In Republican Presidential Race
There is no stopping Donald Trump. The real estate mogul and reality TV star is once again alone at the top of the Republican presidential hopefuls with a 20 point lead, according to a new poll.

Donald Trump At The Top Again In Republican Presidential Race

British Sikh Nav Sawhney Faces Racial Abuse At Polish Club, Branded A 'Muslim Terrorist'

British Sikh Nav Sawhney Faces Racial Abuse At Polish Club, Branded A 'Muslim Terrorist'
Nav Sawhney, 25, travelled to Poland's Krakow city on November 27 for a weekend with a friend when he was subjected to a verbal and physical attack by the nightclub bouncer,

British Sikh Nav Sawhney Faces Racial Abuse At Polish Club, Branded A 'Muslim Terrorist'

Toronto Hospital Receives $50Million Gift From Parents Of Boy Who Died In 1975

Toronto Hospital Receives $50Million Gift From Parents Of Boy Who Died In 1975
Toronto East General Hospital has received a $50 million gift from a couple to honour the memory of their boy who died in 1975. Michael Garron, who was born in the hospital, was 13 when he died of a rare soft tissue cancer.

Toronto Hospital Receives $50Million Gift From Parents Of Boy Who Died In 1975

'Indian Doctors Should Clean Toilets': Syrian Surgeon Charged With Racist Rants Against Indians

'Indian Doctors Should Clean Toilets': Syrian Surgeon Charged With Racist Rants Against Indians
Nouman's racist rants began when he was overheard arguing with colleagues, telling one, "I don't understand you Indian b*******" before a female staff member called him into her office to defuse the situation.

'Indian Doctors Should Clean Toilets': Syrian Surgeon Charged With Racist Rants Against Indians