Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Plea Deal In Works For Canadian Teen Charged In Double Killing In Florida

Plea Deal In Works For Canadian Teen Charged In Double Killing In Florida
  Marc Wabafiyebazu, 15, is expected to return to court in two weeks for a hearing in which a plea deal could be reached.

Plea Deal In Works For Canadian Teen Charged In Double Killing In Florida

From Homeland To Hairstyles: Hillary Clinton Emails Offer A Glimpse Into Her Personal Life

The roughly 7,800 pages of emails released Monday were part of a court-ordered disclosure of correspondence sent from the private server Clinton used while she was secretary of state.

From Homeland To Hairstyles: Hillary Clinton Emails Offer A Glimpse Into Her Personal Life

Narendra Modi, Francois Hollande Unveil Ricky Grammy-Winning Indian Artist Ricky Kej's New Album

Narendra Modi, Francois Hollande Unveil Ricky Grammy-Winning Indian Artist Ricky Kej's New Album
The music album was released during the International Solar Alliance (ISA) launch event and a music video from the album was screened to the gathering of world leaders present on the occasion. 

Narendra Modi, Francois Hollande Unveil Ricky Grammy-Winning Indian Artist Ricky Kej's New Album

A Phone Call From Canada Is A Glimmer Of Hope For One Syrian Refugee Family

A Phone Call From Canada Is A Glimmer Of Hope For One Syrian Refugee Family
IRBID, Jordan — Mohammad Mnaahe, only a year old and not yet walking, crawls across the beige carpets in his family's rented apartment about 30 kilometres from the Jordanian border with Syria.

A Phone Call From Canada Is A Glimmer Of Hope For One Syrian Refugee Family

Canadian Man Charged With Turtle Smuggling Scheme Expected To Plead Guilty

Canadian Man Charged With Turtle Smuggling Scheme Expected To Plead Guilty
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — A Canadian man caught with dozens of turtles inside his pants is getting snapped by the U.S. justice system.

Canadian Man Charged With Turtle Smuggling Scheme Expected To Plead Guilty

We Can Do More Than Deliver Two Per Cent Of Airstrikes On ISIL, Stephane Dion Tells NATO

BRUSSELS —  walked through NATO's doors Tuesday suggesting he won't have to do much of a sales job over the impending withdrawal of Canada's jets from the U.S.-led bombing campaign against militants in Iraq and Syria.

We Can Do More Than Deliver Two Per Cent Of Airstrikes On ISIL, Stephane Dion Tells NATO