Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Saskatchewan Residents Can Stay Away And Still Maintain Health-Care Benefits To Seven Months

Saskatchewan Residents Can Stay Away And Still Maintain Health-Care Benefits To Seven Months
REGINA — The Saskatchewan government is extending out-of-province health coverage for snowbirds.

Saskatchewan Residents Can Stay Away And Still Maintain Health-Care Benefits To Seven Months

Bodies Of Two Indians Found In New Zealand Lake

Bodies Of Two Indians Found In New Zealand Lake
Bay of Plenty Sikh Society secretary Lehmber Singh urged the Indians to steer clear of the water if they have not learnt to swim

Bodies Of Two Indians Found In New Zealand Lake

Diwali Celebrated In European Parliament

Diwali Celebrated In European Parliament
For the first time, Diwali has been celebrated in the European Parliament here.

Diwali Celebrated In European Parliament

Man Tried For Racism Against Indian Family In Northern Ireland

Man Tried For Racism Against Indian Family In Northern Ireland
William Strain, 29, from County Down -- one of six counties that form Northern Ireland -- gave death threats to the family, living in an apartment directly below his house

Man Tried For Racism Against Indian Family In Northern Ireland

British-Indian Cult Leader Aravindan Balakrishnan Under Trial For Rape, Abuse

British-Indian Cult Leader Aravindan Balakrishnan Under Trial For Rape, Abuse
An Indian-origin Maoist cult leader is under trial on the charges of "psychologically stripping", raping and forcing women to perform degrading sex acts in London, a media report said.

British-Indian Cult Leader Aravindan Balakrishnan Under Trial For Rape, Abuse

Manitoba Government Plans To Remove Red Lights From Perimeter Highway

Manitoba Government Plans To Remove Red Lights From Perimeter Highway
Selinger says work is to start with four intersections south of the city where traffic lights will be removed and replaced with free-flowing interchanges.

Manitoba Government Plans To Remove Red Lights From Perimeter Highway