Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Donald Trump Says He Has An Instinct For Sensing Threats After Paris Attacks

As the hunt for the perpetrators of the attacks in Paris continues, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Monday that he is uniquely qualified to be commander-in-chief because he has an "instinct" for sensing threats.

Donald Trump Says He Has An Instinct For Sensing Threats After Paris Attacks

Riots Destroy Canadian Mine In Mozambique, Company's Second Project To Face Trouble

Riots Destroy Canadian Mine In Mozambique, Company's Second Project To Face Trouble
Police had been preventing access to the site because it was still occupied by rioters.

Riots Destroy Canadian Mine In Mozambique, Company's Second Project To Face Trouble

133,000 Indian Students Contribute $3.6 Billion To US Economy

133,000 Indian Students Contribute $3.6 Billion To US Economy
With a whopping 29.4 percent increase, a record high of 132,888 Indian students studying in the US in 2014/15 academic year contributed $3.6 billion to the US economy, according to a new report.

133,000 Indian Students Contribute $3.6 Billion To US Economy

US-China Rivalry, Deadly Paris Attacks To Grab Attention From Trade At Manila Summit

US-China Rivalry, Deadly Paris Attacks To Grab Attention From Trade At Manila Summit
MANILA, Philippines — Tensions with China and the Paris attacks could upstage trade issues at the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation summit, being held under extra-heavy security in the Philippine capital this week.

US-China Rivalry, Deadly Paris Attacks To Grab Attention From Trade At Manila Summit

Harvard University Evacuates Four Buildings After Bomb Scare

Harvard University said on Monday it received "unconfirmed" bomb threat which prompted the university to evacuate four buildings on its campus.

Harvard University Evacuates Four Buildings After Bomb Scare

Justin Trudeau Pushes Youth, Growth, Diversity, And Mobbed For Selfies, At G20

Justin Trudeau Pushes Youth, Growth, Diversity, And Mobbed For Selfies, At G20
Justin Trudeau used his international debut Sunday to tell a top tier G20 business audience that long-term investments in infrastructure and youth are the keys to growth, not a preoccupation with short-term profits.

Justin Trudeau Pushes Youth, Growth, Diversity, And Mobbed For Selfies, At G20