Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Asked In An Email Whether He'd Kill Baby Adolf Hitler, Republican Jeb Bush Says, 'Hell, Yeah'

Asked In An Email Whether He'd Kill Baby Adolf Hitler, Republican Jeb Bush Says, 'Hell, Yeah'
Presidential candidate Jeb Bush says he once got an email asking if he would go back in time, if it were possible, and kill the baby Adolf Hitler.

Asked In An Email Whether He'd Kill Baby Adolf Hitler, Republican Jeb Bush Says, 'Hell, Yeah'

Rare Blue Diamond Expected To Fetch Up To $55 Million In 2 Days Of Jewelry Auctions In Geneva

Rare Blue Diamond Expected To Fetch Up To $55 Million In 2 Days Of Jewelry Auctions In Geneva
 Two rare colored diamonds go under the auction hammer this week in Geneva, with one standout blue diamond discovered in a South African mine last year expected to fetch up to $55 million — which would set a world record for any gemstone.

Rare Blue Diamond Expected To Fetch Up To $55 Million In 2 Days Of Jewelry Auctions In Geneva

Swraj Paul's Son Angad Falls To Death In Britain As The Family Business Collapses

Swraj Paul's Son Angad Falls To Death In Britain As The Family Business Collapses
Angad Paul was the CEO of Caparo Industries steel firm situated on Baker Street in London.

Swraj Paul's Son Angad Falls To Death In Britain As The Family Business Collapses

American India Foundation Raises $200,000 For India's Maternal and Newborn Survival Initiative

American India Foundation Raises $200,000 For India's Maternal and Newborn Survival Initiative
Founded in 2001 at the initiative of then US President Bill Clinton, the community organisation engaged in catalysing social and economic change in India, raised the amount at its annual Washington DC gala Friday.

American India Foundation Raises $200,000 For India's Maternal and Newborn Survival Initiative

Indian-Origin Men Booked, Face New Zealand's First Human Trafficking Trial

Indian-Origin Men Booked, Face New Zealand's First Human Trafficking Trial
Satnam Singh, Jaswinder Singh Sangha, and a third man with name suppressed are the first people in New Zealand to be charged with people trafficking

Indian-Origin Men Booked, Face New Zealand's First Human Trafficking Trial

Sword Attack: Indian-Origin Man Manjit Singh Charged With Attempted Murder Of Woman In New Zealand

Sword Attack: Indian-Origin Man Manjit Singh Charged With Attempted Murder Of Woman In New Zealand
Manjit Singh, 47, was accused of attacking a 50-year-old woman from Hamilton city with a ceremonial sword on Wednesday

Sword Attack: Indian-Origin Man Manjit Singh Charged With Attempted Murder Of Woman In New Zealand