Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Chhota Rajan Brought To Delhi, CBI Takes Custody

Chhota Rajan Brought To Delhi, CBI Takes Custody
Long-absconding underworld don Rajendra Sadashiv Nikalje alias Chhota Rajan was brought to the national capital from Indonesia on Friday morning as Maharashtra government's decision to hand all of his cases to the CBI assumed political overtones.

Chhota Rajan Brought To Delhi, CBI Takes Custody

War With India Not An Option: Nawaz Sharif

War With India Not An Option: Nawaz Sharif
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has asserted that war with India was not an option, media reported on Friday.

War With India Not An Option: Nawaz Sharif

US Lawmakers Celebrate Indian American Community At Diwali

US Lawmakers Celebrate Indian American Community At Diwali
More than 30 members of US Congress joined about 1,000 people at the annual Diwali event on Capitol Hill, the seat of US legislature, to celebrate the accomplishments of the Indian American diaspora.

US Lawmakers Celebrate Indian American Community At Diwali

Chhota Rajan Coming To India On Friday; All Cases Handed To CBI

Chhota Rajan Coming To India On Friday; All Cases Handed To CBI
Long-absconding mafia don Rajendra Nikhalje alias Chhota Rajan will be brought to India from Indonesia early on Friday and all cases against him shall now be investigated by the CBI

Chhota Rajan Coming To India On Friday; All Cases Handed To CBI

In Wake Of Plane Crash, Egypt Opens Ancient Tombs To Spur Interest In Archaeological Sites

In Wake Of Plane Crash, Egypt Opens Ancient Tombs To Spur Interest In Archaeological Sites
LUXOR, Egypt — Egypt has opened three tombs in the ancient city of Luxor to the public, hoping to spur tourism interest despite the shadow of last weekend's airline crash in the Sinai Peninsula.

In Wake Of Plane Crash, Egypt Opens Ancient Tombs To Spur Interest In Archaeological Sites

Having Studied Free, Founder Of Sun Deep Cosmetics Donates $200,000 To Punjab University

Having Studied Free, Founder Of Sun Deep Cosmetics Donates $200,000 To Punjab University
The scholarship and fellowship would be awarded to 13 UIPS students out of the annual interest accrued on the endowment, the spokesman said.

Having Studied Free, Founder Of Sun Deep Cosmetics Donates $200,000 To Punjab University