Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Imran Yusuf, Comedian Of Indian Descent To Enthrall Britons Again

Imran Yusuf, Comedian Of Indian Descent To Enthrall Britons Again
A Kenya-born British stand-up comedian of Indian origin is set to perform for the second consecutive year at the annual "Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2015" to be held from August 7 to 31.

Imran Yusuf, Comedian Of Indian Descent To Enthrall Britons Again

Indian Community Seeks Probe Into 'Witch Doctors' In New Zealand

Indian Community Seeks Probe Into 'Witch Doctors' In New Zealand
Indian community leaders in New Zealand have called for an investigation into on how "Hindu witch doctors" have been able to operate in the country.

Indian Community Seeks Probe Into 'Witch Doctors' In New Zealand

US House Introduces Resolution On India's Independence Day

Ami Bera, Co-chair of Congressional Caucus on India and Indian-Americans, has introduced a resolution to recognize India's Independence Day and the significance of the US-India partnership.

US House Introduces Resolution On India's Independence Day

Hitchhiking Robot On Cross-Country Trip In US Meets Its Demise On Streets Of Philadelphia

Hitchhiking Robot On Cross-Country Trip In US Meets Its Demise On Streets Of Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA — A hitchhiking robot that captured the hearts of fans worldwide met its demise in the U.S.

Hitchhiking Robot On Cross-Country Trip In US Meets Its Demise On Streets Of Philadelphia

Two Indians Still In IS Captivity In Libya

Two Indians Still In IS Captivity In Libya
Even as the Indian government is continuing efforts for the release of the two - Balram Kishan and T. Gopikrishna, Congress leader Manish Tewari sought to know sarcastically if India was "doing business" with terror outfit IS in Libya.

Two Indians Still In IS Captivity In Libya

Rejoicing For 50,000 People On India-Bangla Border At End To Stateless Existence

For the around 14,000 people living in 51 Bangladeshi enclaves in Indian territory, and the 37,000 residing in 111 Indian enclaves in Bangladesh, they now have a country of their own.

Rejoicing For 50,000 People On India-Bangla Border At End To Stateless Existence