Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Bobby Jindal Wouldn't Say What He Would Do With Illegal Immigrants

Indian-American Republican presidential candidate Bobby Jindal has declined to say what he would do with the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants, including about 300,000 Indians, living in the US.

Bobby Jindal Wouldn't Say What He Would Do With Illegal Immigrants

Ontario And Ottawa Putting Up $100Million For Toyota Expansion In Southern Ontario

Ontario And Ottawa Putting Up $100Million For Toyota Expansion In Southern Ontario
The money will go towards the automaker's planned $421-million investment at plants in Cambridge and Woodstock.

Ontario And Ottawa Putting Up $100Million For Toyota Expansion In Southern Ontario

Donald Trump Loved Canadian Medicare? 7 Ways Conservative Star Not Conservative

Donald Trump Loved Canadian Medicare? 7 Ways Conservative Star Not Conservative
Donald Trump has jumped to a lead in early polls for the Republican party's 2016 presidential nomination, thanks partly to grassroots conservatives who love his tough talk about illegal immigrants and career politicians.

Donald Trump Loved Canadian Medicare? 7 Ways Conservative Star Not Conservative

'Almost Certain' That Wreckage From MH370: Malaysia

'Almost Certain' That Wreckage From MH370: Malaysia
The wreckage found on Wednesday in Reunion, a French territory about 600 km east of Madagascar, resembled a flaperon -- a moving part of the wing surface -- from a Boeing 777. Also found was the remains of a battered suitcase.

'Almost Certain' That Wreckage From MH370: Malaysia

Mississauga Pastor Rev. Hyeon Soo Lim Detained In North Korea 'Admits' To 'Subversive Plots'

Mississauga Pastor Rev. Hyeon Soo Lim Detained In North Korea 'Admits' To 'Subversive Plots'
MISSISSAUGA, Ont. — A South Korean news agency is reporting that an Ontario pastor detained in North Korea has confessed to "subversive plots" against the Communist state during a televised news conference.

Mississauga Pastor Rev. Hyeon Soo Lim Detained In North Korea 'Admits' To 'Subversive Plots'

Four Indians Abducted In Libya By Islamic State, Two Are Released

Four Indians Abducted In Libya By Islamic State, Two Are Released
our Indian nationals were abducted in Sirte in Libya where the Islamic State group holds sway. Two men were released on Friday

Four Indians Abducted In Libya By Islamic State, Two Are Released