Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Islamic State's No. 2 man killed in Iraq airstrike: Report

Islamic State's No. 2 man killed in Iraq airstrike: Report
The No.2 leader of the Islamic State (IS) terrorist group is believed to have been killed on Wednesday in a US-led coalition airstrike in northern Iraq, the Iraqi defense ministry said.

Islamic State's No. 2 man killed in Iraq airstrike: Report

'Indian Diaspora Should Move Beyond Culture'

'Indian Diaspora Should Move Beyond Culture'
The Indian diaspora must move beyond culture, heritage and traditions into present day areas of sustainable development, according to a well-known academic here.

'Indian Diaspora Should Move Beyond Culture'

Brisbane Woman Promised $30,000 To Marry Indian Man In Alleged Visa Scam

Brisbane Woman Promised $30,000 To Marry Indian Man In Alleged Visa Scam
An Australian woman was promised A$30,000 (around $24,000) to enter into a marriage scam with an Indian man, an Australian court was told on Tuesday.

Brisbane Woman Promised $30,000 To Marry Indian Man In Alleged Visa Scam

US Chopper Goes Missing In Quake-hit Nepal

A US Vector chopper went missing in Nepal's Dolakha district that was hit by an earthquake on Tuesday, an official said.

US Chopper Goes Missing In Quake-hit Nepal

Indian-Origin MP Daniel Mookhey Takes Oath On Gita In Australia

Indian-Origin MP Daniel Mookhey Takes Oath On Gita In Australia
An Indian-origin MP from the Australian state of New South Wales on Tuesday become the first politician to be sworn in to Australian parliament on the Hindu religious text, the Bhagavad-Gita.

Indian-Origin MP Daniel Mookhey Takes Oath On Gita In Australia

Fresh 7.3 Magnitude Earthquake Kills 60 In Nepal, 10 In India, All Canadian Forces Members Safe

Fresh 7.3 Magnitude Earthquake Kills 60 In Nepal, 10 In India, All Canadian Forces Members Safe
At least 60 people were killed and 1,129 were injured when a massive earthquake shook Nepal on Tuesday causing panic in the Himalayan nation which was still recovering from the devastating April 25 temblor.

Fresh 7.3 Magnitude Earthquake Kills 60 In Nepal, 10 In India, All Canadian Forces Members Safe