Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Indian-Origin Woman Mradulaben Patel Killed In Gas Station Robbery In South Carolina

Indian-Origin Woman Mradulaben Patel Killed In Gas Station Robbery In South Carolina
An Indian-origin woman gas station attendant in South Carolina, who was shot in the face and left in a critical condition, has died two days after the robbery attempt, according to media reports.

Indian-Origin Woman Mradulaben Patel Killed In Gas Station Robbery In South Carolina

Five Beheaded In Saudi Arabia For Indian's Murder

Five Beheaded In Saudi Arabia For Indian's Murder
Five people were beheaded in Saudi Arabia for killing an Indian during an armed robbery, the interior ministry announced on Monday.

Five Beheaded In Saudi Arabia For Indian's Murder

Indian Jailed For Killing Co-worker In Dubai

Indian Jailed For Killing Co-worker In Dubai
An Indian man, who kicked his co-worker on his head resulting in immediate death during a druken brawl, has been jailed for five years in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Indian Jailed For Killing Co-worker In Dubai

New British royal baby named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

New British royal baby named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
The name of Britain's Princess of Cambridge, who was born on Saturday, is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, Kensington Palace announced on Monday.

New British royal baby named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

Modi Joins Chinese Social Media Site Weibo

Modi Joins Chinese Social Media Site Weibo
Ahead of his visit to China later this month, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday tweeted that he has joined Chinese microblogging website Weibo.

Modi Joins Chinese Social Media Site Weibo

Two Shot Dead After They Open Fire At Mohammed Cartoon Event In Texas

Two Shot Dead After They Open Fire At Mohammed Cartoon Event In Texas
In what was probably the first such attack on American soil, two gunmen opened fire outside the venue of a controversial cartoon contest on Prophet Mohammed in Texas on Sunday, only to be killed themselves as police returned fire.

Two Shot Dead After They Open Fire At Mohammed Cartoon Event In Texas