Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Afghan candidates agree to resolve dispute; will name new president by end of August

Afghan candidates agree to resolve dispute; will name new president by end of August
KABUL - Afghanistan's feuding presidential candidates agreed Friday to resolve their election dispute and said they would set an inauguration date before the end of August.

Afghan candidates agree to resolve dispute; will name new president by end of August

Testing after B.C. mine tailings spill shows metals within water guidelines

Testing after B.C. mine tailings spill shows metals within water guidelines
LIKELY, B.C. - The water in a pristine British Columbia lake and river that were flooded with mine waste after a tailing ponds dam burst earlier this week is well within drinking water and aquatic life guidelines, according to preliminary test results announced Thursday.

Testing after B.C. mine tailings spill shows metals within water guidelines

GM recalls SUVs for Third Time: Power Window Switches can Short-circuit and Catch Fire

GM recalls SUVs for Third Time: Power Window Switches can Short-circuit and Catch Fire
General Motors' troubles with safety recalls have surfaced in another case, this time with the company recalling a group of SUVs for a third time to fix power window switches that can catch fire.

GM recalls SUVs for Third Time: Power Window Switches can Short-circuit and Catch Fire

Malaysia to delist loss-making flag carrier in major overhaul after 2 disasters

Malaysia to delist loss-making flag carrier in major overhaul after 2 disasters
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia's state investment company said Friday it plans to make Malaysia Airlines fully government owned, removing it from the country's stock exchange before carrying out a far-reaching overhaul of the carrier that is reeling from double disasters.

Malaysia to delist loss-making flag carrier in major overhaul after 2 disasters

'America is coming to help': Obama authorizes airstrikes in Iraq

'America is coming to help': Obama authorizes airstrikes in Iraq
WASHINGTON - A looming humanitarian catastrophe has pulled the United States deeper into the Iraq conflict, several years after American troops exited a long and painful war there.

'America is coming to help': Obama authorizes airstrikes in Iraq

Hawaii bracing as 1st hurricane in 22 years approaches and 2nd 1 looms

Hawaii bracing as 1st hurricane in 22 years approaches and 2nd 1 looms
HONOLULU, Hawaii - Hurricane Iselle's outer edges brought rain and wind to Hawaii early Friday as it was poised to become the first hurricane or tropical storm to hit the island chain in 22 years. Another hurricane closely followed.

Hawaii bracing as 1st hurricane in 22 years approaches and 2nd 1 looms