Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Gaza militants renew rocket fire after 3-day truce expires and Israel-Hamas talks hit deadlock

Gaza militants renew rocket fire after 3-day truce expires and Israel-Hamas talks hit deadlock
JERUSALEM - Gaza militants renewed rocket fire on Israel after a three-day truce expired on Friday and negotiations in Cairo on a new border deal for the coastal strip hit a deadlock.

Gaza militants renew rocket fire after 3-day truce expires and Israel-Hamas talks hit deadlock

Islamic State militants seize Iraq's largest dam near Mosul, Kurdish troops withdraw

Islamic State militants seize Iraq's largest dam near Mosul, Kurdish troops withdraw
  Sunni militants from the Islamic State group on Thursday seized Iraq's largest dam, placing them in control of enormous power and water resources and access to the river that runs through the heart of Baghdad.

Islamic State militants seize Iraq's largest dam near Mosul, Kurdish troops withdraw

Hamas tells Gaza rally war is not over until its demands are met, rockets trained at Tel Aviv

Hamas tells Gaza rally war is not over until its demands are met, rockets trained at Tel Aviv
Hamas held on Thursday its first public rally since a cease-fire with Israel, with an official vowing the militant group would never give up its arms and will continue to fight until the Gaza Strip blockade is lifted.

Hamas tells Gaza rally war is not over until its demands are met, rockets trained at Tel Aviv

The ultimate comeback: 40 years after resigning, Nixon lives! (At least on Twitter)

The ultimate comeback: 40 years after resigning, Nixon lives! (At least on Twitter)
If you believe the media reports, Richard Nixon suffered a stroke in 1994 and died days later at age 81. He is buried in his native Yorba Linda, California, silent as the country marks the 40th anniversary of his resignation.

The ultimate comeback: 40 years after resigning, Nixon lives! (At least on Twitter)

Islamic State onslaught makes Christians flee, Pope concerned

Islamic State onslaught makes Christians flee, Pope concerned
Thousands of Christian families Thursday fled their homes in northern Iraq after militants of the Islamic State (IS) Sunni insurgent group seized several...

Islamic State onslaught makes Christians flee, Pope concerned

Russia grants Edward Snowden extended asylum

Russia grants Edward Snowden extended asylum
Fugitive US intelligence whistleblower Edward Snowden has been given residence permit for three years in Russia, his lawyer said Thursday....

Russia grants Edward Snowden extended asylum