Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

British Indian fined over $68,000 for illegal rooftop

British Indian fined over $68,000 for illegal rooftop
A British Indian man who extended his home illegally in London has been fined more than 40,000 pounds (around $68,475), a media report said Tuesday.

British Indian fined over $68,000 for illegal rooftop

Hookah next big threat for US youth: Study

Hookah next big threat for US youth: Study
While cigarette use is on the decline among US youth, an alarming number of high school students are turning to hookahs, cigars and smokeless tobacco products, researchers warned.

Hookah next big threat for US youth: Study

Iraq crisis: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi pictured for first time, declares himself head of Islamic caliphat

Iraq crisis: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi pictured for first time, declares himself head of Islamic caliphat
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the self-claimed "Islamic State", made his first public appearance at a mosque in Iraq's Mosul city, according to a video clip posted on the Internet Saturday.

Iraq crisis: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi pictured for first time, declares himself head of Islamic caliphat

Most French don't support Sarkozy candidacy in 2017

Most French don't support Sarkozy candidacy in 2017
Two in three French voters feel they will not back embattled ex-president Nicolas Sarkozy in the 2017 presidential election in 2017 amid corruption probe, a survey revealed Saturday.

Most French don't support Sarkozy candidacy in 2017

US bans drone operations at national parks

US bans drone operations at national parks
The United States has banned launching, landing or operating drones from all national parks, monuments and other historical sites.

US bans drone operations at national parks

Why is the world in grip of jehadist menace?

Why is the world in grip of jehadist menace?
Three momentous events, all in November-December 1979, are the genesis of a great deal of chaos the world faces today.

Why is the world in grip of jehadist menace?