Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

US warns of terror attack at Uganda airport

US warns of terror attack at Uganda airport
The US has warned its citizens in Uganda of a possible terror attack at the country's Entebbe International Airport in capital Kampala.

US warns of terror attack at Uganda airport

500 pro-democracy protestors arrested in Hong Kong

500 pro-democracy protestors arrested in Hong Kong
More than 500 protestors were arrested in Hong Kong early Wednesday for participating in an all-night sit-in, after hundreds of thousands of people marched in the city to demand universal suffrage.

500 pro-democracy protestors arrested in Hong Kong

Former French president Sarkozy charged with corruption

Former French president Sarkozy charged with corruption
Former French president Nicolas Sarkozy was charged Wednesday with influence peddling and corruption after being questioned by judiciary police for 15 hours.

Former French president Sarkozy charged with corruption

India among 193 countries spied on by US, BJP fumes

India among 193 countries spied on by US, BJP fumes
India is among 193 countries "concerning" whom the US National Security Agency (NSA) has been authorised to intercept information by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, according to a new report.

India among 193 countries spied on by US, BJP fumes

6.2-magnitude quake hits off Japan's Bonin Islands

6.2-magnitude quake hits off Japan's Bonin Islands
An earthquake measuring 6.2 on the Richter scale jolted Bonin Islands in the Japan region early Tuesday, the US Geological Survey said.

6.2-magnitude quake hits off Japan's Bonin Islands

Indian restaurant owner arrested in US

Indian restaurant owner arrested in US
An Indian national has been arrested in the US for threatening to kill his employee’s infant daughter, a media report said Saturday.

Indian restaurant owner arrested in US