Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Sikhs for Justice oppose immunity to former PM Manmohan Singh

Sikhs for Justice oppose immunity to former PM Manmohan Singh
US based rights group "Sikhs for Justice" has challenged US government's suggestion to a Washington court to grant immunity to former Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh in a human rights violation case.

Sikhs for Justice oppose immunity to former PM Manmohan Singh

Karachi airport attacks mastermind killed

Karachi airport attacks mastermind killed
The mastermind behind the Karachi airport terror attacks was killed Sunday during air strikes carried out by Pakistan Air Force (PAF) in North Waziristan, a media report said.

Karachi airport attacks mastermind killed

Unending school shooting: Obama says America should be ashamed

Unending school shooting: Obama says America should be ashamed
As America witnessed its 74th school shooting this week since the "massacre of innocents" at an elementary school 18 months ago, President Barack Obama said he was ashamed that America can't put a stop to them. 

Unending school shooting: Obama says America should be ashamed

Shiite cleric urges Iraqis to take up arms

Shiite cleric urges Iraqis to take up arms
An influential Shiite cleric Friday called on Iraqis to take up arms against insurgent groups that have taken control of large parts of the country, his representative said.

Shiite cleric urges Iraqis to take up arms

Ukraine offers compromise in gas price with Russia

Ukraine offers compromise in gas price with Russia
Ukraine is ready to compromise to resolve its natural gas supply dispute with Russia, Naftogaz Andrey Kobolev, head of the state-run energy company, said here Friday.

Ukraine offers compromise in gas price with Russia

EU to combat sexual violence against minors during World Cup

EU to combat sexual violence against minors during World Cup
A campaign to raise awareness against sexual exploitation of minors in Brazil during the 2014 FIFA World Cup was launched Thursday by European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso.

EU to combat sexual violence against minors during World Cup