Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Protests erupt in Sao Paulo ahead of World Cup kick-off

Protests erupt in Sao Paulo ahead of World Cup kick-off
Protestors in Sao Paulo clashed with the police in an anti-World Cup demonstration Thursday, hours before the city plays host to the tournament opener, a media report said.

Protests erupt in Sao Paulo ahead of World Cup kick-off

Recession led to 10,000 suicides in Europe, US

Recession led to 10,000 suicides in Europe, US
The economic slump in Europe and the US has led to more than 10,000 suicides, a media report said Thursday.

Recession led to 10,000 suicides in Europe, US

We staged Karachi airport attack: Uzbek militant group

We staged Karachi airport attack: Uzbek militant group
An Uzbek terrorist group, whose members are believed to be hiding in Pakistan's restive Waziristan tribal region, has claimed that its fighters had had staged Sunday's deadly attack on Karachi airport.

We staged Karachi airport attack: Uzbek militant group

US Federal Court Dismisses 1984 Case Against Sonia Gandhi

US Federal Court Dismisses 1984 Case Against Sonia Gandhi
US district judge Brian M. Cogan Monday granted Gandhi's motion to dismiss the case filed by New York based Sikhs For Justice 

US Federal Court Dismisses 1984 Case Against Sonia Gandhi

Karachi airport hit by another Taliban attack, terrorists flee

Karachi airport hit by another Taliban attack, terrorists flee
The Airport Security Force (ASF) Academy's camp near the Karachi international airport came under attack from heavily-armed Taliban gunmen Tuesday within a day of a terror siege that ended in a toll of 30, media reports said.

Karachi airport hit by another Taliban attack, terrorists flee

Over 50 terrorists killed in Nigerian military raid

Over 50 terrorists killed in Nigerian military raid
Over 50 suspected Boko Haram fighters were killed in a military operation by troops in Nigeria's northeastern state of Borno, the stronghold of the outlawed sect, authorities said Monday.

Over 50 terrorists killed in Nigerian military raid