Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Geo TV, Jang group apologise to ISI

Geo TV, Jang group apologise to ISI
Geo TV network and Jang media group Monday tendered apology to Pakistan’s armed forces and Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) for hurling allegations its chief Lt. Gen. Zaheerul Islam.

Geo TV, Jang group apologise to ISI

Obama makes surprise visit to Afghanistan

Obama makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
US President Barack Obama paid a surprise visit to Afghanistan Sunday, an Afghan official said.

Obama makes surprise visit to Afghanistan

Nawaz Sharif ends suspense, to attend Narendra Modi swearing in

Nawaz Sharif ends suspense, to attend Narendra Modi swearing in
After keeping both countries guessing for two days, Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif Saturday accepted the invite to watch Narendra Modi take oath as India’s next prime minister

Nawaz Sharif ends suspense, to attend Narendra Modi swearing in

Nikki Haley, Neera Tanden among 50 Most Powerful Moms

Nikki Haley, Neera Tanden among 50 Most Powerful Moms
South Carolina's Republican governor Nikki Haley and Neera Tanden, president of liberal think tank, the Centre for American Progress have been named among 50 Most Powerful Moms of 2014 by The Working Mother magazine.

Nikki Haley, Neera Tanden among 50 Most Powerful Moms

From Sharif's daughter to Pakistani journos, they backed his India visit

From Sharif's daughter to Pakistani journos, they backed his India visit
Among those who pressed Sharif to accept the invitation to attend the swearing in ceremony was Sharif’s daughter Maryam Nawaz Sharif, a politician of the ruling Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz).

From Sharif's daughter to Pakistani journos, they backed his India visit

Sikh group appeals dismissal of 1984 case against Congress

Sikh group appeals dismissal of 1984 case against Congress
 A US based Sikh group has challenged the dismissal of a rights violation case against India's Congress party relating to the 1984 anti-Sikh riots before the US Court of Appeals here.

Sikh group appeals dismissal of 1984 case against Congress