Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Move to ban dowry practice among Indians in Victoria

Move to ban dowry practice among Indians in Victoria
The Australian state of Victoria is pushing for a ban on the Indian practice of dowry in marriages amid concerns that it is leading to domestic violence and abuse of women within the Indian community here, a media report said Friday.

Move to ban dowry practice among Indians in Victoria

Pakistan court pardons murderer of famous singer Ghazala Javed

Pakistan court pardons murderer of famous singer Ghazala Javed
A Pakistani high court has granted pardon to the husband of the singer Ghazala Javed, who had killed her two years ago after he was forgiven by the family, media reported Friday.

Pakistan court pardons murderer of famous singer Ghazala Javed

Terror attack on Indian consulate in Afghanistan foiled, four gunmen killed

Terror attack on Indian consulate in Afghanistan foiled, four gunmen killed
Four terrorists armed with rocket-propelled grenades and machine guns attacked the Indian consulate in Herat in western Afghanistan in the early hours of Friday. All the attackers were killed, officials said, adding that the Indian staff was safe.

Terror attack on Indian consulate in Afghanistan foiled, four gunmen killed

After people's resounding mandate, US ready to engage Modi

After people's resounding mandate, US ready to engage Modi
With Narendra Modi set to assume office as India's Prime Minister Monday, the US has expressed keenness to engage a man it had shunned for over a decade, following his "resounding" victory.

After people's resounding mandate, US ready to engage Modi

Political protests affect Bangkok's tourism industry

Political protests affect Bangkok's tourism industry
The US is reviewing military and other assistance to Thailand following a military coup in the country, Secretary of State John Kerry said.

Political protests affect Bangkok's tourism industry

Military coup in Thailand: Constitution suspended

Military coup in Thailand: Constitution suspended
Thailand's National Peace and Order Maintaining Council (NPOMC), the military coup party, announced Thursday that the country's constitution was temporarily suspended.

Military coup in Thailand: Constitution suspended