Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Friends, kin recognise some kidnapped girls in video

Friends, kin recognise some kidnapped girls in video
Relatives and friends of some of the abducted Nigerian schoolgirls have identified them from a video released by Boko Haram militants, BBC reported Tuesday.

Friends, kin recognise some kidnapped girls in video

Polio virus found in Pakistani sewage samples

Polio virus found in Pakistani sewage samples
Samples taken from sewage from different parts of Karachi and Lahore, the country’s most populated cities, have tested positive for the polio virus, officials said Tuesday.

Polio virus found in Pakistani sewage samples

Germany probes letter with suspicious powder

Germany probes letter with suspicious powder
German Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA) has been investigating a letter with suspicious powder, which was addressed to Germany's former vhancellor Gerhard Schroeder and other politicians, Xinhua quoted German newspaper Bild as saying Tuesday.

Germany probes letter with suspicious powder

Obama looks forward to working with new Indian government

Obama looks forward to working with new Indian government
As exit polls suggested that the Narendra Mod- led Bharatiya Janata Party was set to win the Indian election, President Barack Obama said the US looked forward to "working closely" with India's next administration.

Obama looks forward to working with new Indian government

Earth 'deforming' faster as ice melts, scientists warn

Earth 'deforming' faster as ice melts, scientists warn
The threat is looming large, at 400 km below the earth and you can clearly blame climate change for this.

Earth 'deforming' faster as ice melts, scientists warn

Pakistan government, ISI supported Aman ki Asha project

Pakistan government, ISI supported Aman ki Asha project
In response to allegations by former cricketer and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) party chairman Imran Khan, Jang Group managing director Shahrukh Hassan has said that the PTI chairman himself has been in favour of the "Aman ki Asha" project, media reported Monday.

Pakistan government, ISI supported Aman ki Asha project