Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Taslima diagnosed with breast tumours in US

Taslima diagnosed with breast tumours in US
Exiled Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen has been diagnosed with breast tumours at a hospital in New York. Doctors found the tumours "quite big" and advised her biopsy to check on possible malignancy, bdnews24.com reported.

Taslima diagnosed with breast tumours in US

Election Special: Now, Punjab candidates stand vigil where EVMs stored

Election Special: Now, Punjab candidates stand vigil where EVMs stored
The last time this happened was 37 years ago when citizens' groups stood guard outside the rooms where the boxes containing the ballots cast in the 1977 general election - after the emergency was lifted - were stored. 

Election Special: Now, Punjab candidates stand vigil where EVMs stored

50 injured in Meerut communal riot

50 injured in Meerut communal riot
About 50 people, including a senior police officer and two media persons, were injured in a communal clash in Meerut Saturday, police said. The incident occurred around 2 p.m. in Teer Gehran area when a group of people was installing a water facilitation kiosk near a mosque.

50 injured in Meerut communal riot

Bollywood concert promoter convicted in US for brutal attack on ex-wife

Bollywood concert promoter convicted in US for brutal attack on ex-wife
An Indian-American Bollywood concert promoter in California has been convicted of aggravated mayhem for paying three men to maim his ex-wife last year, leaving her with permanent facial injuries.

Bollywood concert promoter convicted in US for brutal attack on ex-wife

British girl gets jail for attacking elderly Sikh man

British girl gets jail for attacking elderly Sikh man
The British teenaged girl who attacked an 80-year-old Sikh pensioner in a city centre in Britain's Coventry last year has been jailed for two years by the Warwick crown court.

British girl gets jail for attacking elderly Sikh man

Modi attacks Sonia Gandhi over 'low thought' barb

Modi attacks Sonia Gandhi over 'low thought' barb
Taking on Congress president Sonia Gandhi for calling him a person of "low thought", BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi Friday accused her of "stooping low" due to impending defeat in the general elections.

Modi attacks Sonia Gandhi over 'low thought' barb