Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

43 killed in Afghanistan flash floods

43 killed in Afghanistan flash floods
At least 43 people were killed and hundreds were left homeless in devastating flash floods in northern Afghanistan, a media report said Friday.

43 killed in Afghanistan flash floods

Nigerian government vows to rescue 190 abducted girls

Nigerian government vows to rescue 190 abducted girls
The Nigerian government Friday pledged to do everything it can to rescue 190 girls abducted from their school last week.

Nigerian government vows to rescue 190 abducted girls

Kenya to use drones to save elephants, rhinos

Kenya to use drones to save elephants, rhinos
In a bid to monitor and stop the poaching of elephants and rhinos in all its 52 national parks and reserves, Kenya's wildlife authorities have decided to deploy drones, the Guardian reported Friday.

Kenya to use drones to save elephants, rhinos

US intends to impose fresh sanctions on Russia

US intends to impose fresh sanctions on Russia
US President Barack Obama Friday called leaders of France, Germany, Italy and Britain, informing them of the US intent to impose fresh sanctions on Russia over its failure to help ease tension in eastern Ukraine, the White House said.

US intends to impose fresh sanctions on Russia

Hijack Scare: Virgin Blue passenger arrestted in Bali

Hijack Scare: Virgin Blue passenger arrestted in Bali
A drunk passenger has been detained after he tried to enter the cockpit of a Virgin Australia plane as it flew from Brisbane to Bali.

Hijack Scare: Virgin Blue passenger arrestted in Bali

Austrian girls leave for Syria to 'fight for Islam'

Austrian girls leave for Syria to 'fight for Islam'
Two Austrian girls who are searched by the international police said in a letter that they went to Syria to "fight for Islam", police said 

Austrian girls leave for Syria to 'fight for Islam'