Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Boy flies 3,700 km hidden in jet's landing gear

Boy flies 3,700 km hidden in jet's landing gear
A teenager stowaway in the US survived a 3,700-km flight from San Jose in California to Hawaii hiding in the landing gear of a jetliner, the media reported Monday.

Boy flies 3,700 km hidden in jet's landing gear

Hate Crime Charge in New York Attack on Sikh Professor

Hate Crime Charge in New York Attack on Sikh Professor
New York police have arrested a 20-year-old man in connection with an attack on a Sikh professor last September and charged him with a hate crime.

Hate Crime Charge in New York Attack on Sikh Professor

Gunmen target prominent Pakistani news anchor Hamid Mir, PM calls officers to discuss

Gunmen target prominent Pakistani news anchor Hamid Mir, PM calls officers to discuss
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has called for a meeting of senior officers Sunday to discuss the attack on senior journalist Hamid Mir, a media report said.

Gunmen target prominent Pakistani news anchor Hamid Mir, PM calls officers to discuss

Pope celebrates Easter Sunday Mass

Pope celebrates Easter Sunday Mass
Thousands of people have gathered in Vatican City to celebrate Easter Sunday. Pope Francis will lead the mass in St. Peter's Square right in front of the St. Peter's Basilica, BBC reported.

Pope celebrates Easter Sunday Mass

Indian-American mother kept dead son on ice for Hindu ritual

Indian-American mother kept dead son on ice for Hindu ritual
An Indian-American woman in north Texas, accused of killing her son and leaving his body in the bathtub for four days, claims she did so in accordance with her Hindu beliefs.

Indian-American mother kept dead son on ice for Hindu ritual

Dreaded cannibal brothers back in Pakistan jail

Dreaded cannibal brothers back in Pakistan jail
Two notorious brothers in Pakistan who were arrested in 2011 on charges of digging up about 100 graves, stealing the bodies and eating them were released after two years in imprisonment. They have been held again.

Dreaded cannibal brothers back in Pakistan jail