Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Half-Saudi children will enjoy same rights as Saudis

Half-Saudi children will enjoy same rights as Saudis
Children born to expatatriates, who have married Saudi women, will be treated as Saudis for work, education and medical purposes, Sulaiman Al-Yahya, director-general of Saudi Arabia's passports department said.

Half-Saudi children will enjoy same rights as Saudis

Ban sends condolences over ferry sinking victims

Ban sends condolences over ferry sinking victims
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has written to South Korean President Park Geun-hye expressing condolences over the sinking of the ferry "Sewol" in which at least 14 people were believed drowned.

Ban sends condolences over ferry sinking victims

World's biggest peace torch lit for Indian spiritual guru in US

World's biggest peace torch lit for Indian spiritual guru in US
The flaming torch has a height of 20 feet (6 metres) and a base of 5 feet (1.5 metre) - a total height of 25 feet (7.5 metre)and weighs 1,200 kg.

World's biggest peace torch lit for Indian spiritual guru in US

Indian-American jumps into US Congressional race

Indian-American jumps into US Congressional race
Anil Kumar, an Indian-American surgeon and small business owner in Michigan has filed papers as a Democratic candidate in the race for the US House of Representatives from the state's 11th Congressional district.

Indian-American jumps into US Congressional race

At last New York Police ends spying on Muslims

At last New York Police ends spying on Muslims
 New York Police Department has disbanded a controversial surveillance unit started after the September 11, 2001, attacks to catalogue information on Muslim businesses and mosques across the New York region.

At last New York Police ends spying on Muslims

US Airways tweets explicit image, apologises

US Airways tweets explicit image, apologises
After facing embarrassment over posting a obscene pornographic image on Twitter in response to an unhappy customer Monday, US Airways finally apologised for the error later in the day.

US Airways tweets explicit image, apologises