Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

12 killed in Pakistan train blast

12 killed in Pakistan train blast
At least 12 people were Tuesday killed and 30 others injured in a bomb explosion in a train at a railway station in Pakistan's Balochistan province, media reported.

12 killed in Pakistan train blast

British Sikhs fined after attack on fellow Sikh

British Sikhs fined after attack on fellow Sikh
A British court has ordered three Sikh men to pay 500 pounds each ($832) to a fellow Sikh for a vicious attack near a Sikh temple in the British West Midlands county of Warwickshire, media reported Tuesday.

British Sikhs fined after attack on fellow Sikh

Russia calls for settling Ukraine crisis through talks

Russia calls for settling Ukraine crisis through talks
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Tuesday that the ongoing Ukraine crisis must be settled via negotiations with representatives of the country's Russian-speaking regions and international mediators.

Russia calls for settling Ukraine crisis through talks

Sri Lanka refuses to cooperate with international probe

Sri Lanka refuses to cooperate with international probe
The Sri Lankan government Monday refused to cooperate with an international investigation into alleged human rights abuses in the country.

Sri Lanka refuses to cooperate with international probe

Prince William on three-week tour with wife, son

Prince William on three-week tour with wife, son
Britain's Prince William Monday began a three-week tour to New Zealand and Australia with wife Kate Middleton and son Prince George.

Prince William on three-week tour with wife, son

British Sikhs urged to boycott Downing Street reception

British Sikhs urged to boycott Downing Street reception
Sikh groups in Britain have urged the community to boycott the annual Downing Street Baisakhi reception by the British prime minister this month to protest against the findings of the government's probe into Operation Bluestar in Amritsar city's Golden Temple in 1984.

British Sikhs urged to boycott Downing Street reception