Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Lost jet: 'Most difficult search in history' continues

Lost jet: 'Most difficult search in history' continues
The search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 ended for the day Thursday with no sightings made in the search area in the southern Indian Ocean yet again and Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said the search operation is "the most difficult in human history".

Lost jet: 'Most difficult search in history' continues

Go and vote: UN official to Afghans

Go and vote: UN official to Afghans
A senior UN official Thursday urged Afghans to use the presidential and provincial council elections two days hence to shape the future of the country through peaceful, democratic means.

Go and vote: UN official to Afghans

Lost jet: Passengers cleared of suspicion, search continues

Lost jet: Passengers cleared of suspicion, search continues
No sightings were reported at the conclusion of Wednesday's search operation in the southern Indian Ocean for the “lost” Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 even as a senior Malaysian official said that all passengers on board the jet have been “cleared” in a criminal investigation that is being conducted.

Lost jet: Passengers cleared of suspicion, search continues

Britain closes military headquarters in Afghanistan

Britain closes military headquarters in Afghanistan
Britain's military headquarters in Helmand province of southern Afghanistan has been disbanded after eight years of frontline operations, the British defence ministry announced Wednesday.

Britain closes military headquarters in Afghanistan

Tsunami hits Chile after 8.3-magnitude earthquake

Tsunami hits Chile after 8.3-magnitude earthquake
Tsunami waves generated by an earthquake measuring 8.3 on the Richter Scale that hit off the Chile coast Tuesday struck some areas in the north of the country.

Tsunami hits Chile after 8.3-magnitude earthquake

NATO suspends cooperation with Moscow

NATO suspends cooperation with Moscow
NATO foreign ministers have agreed to suspend "all practical civilian and military cooperation" with Russia over its annexation of Crimea, as the Western military alliance saw "no sign" that Russia is pulling its forces back from the border with Ukraine.

NATO suspends cooperation with Moscow