Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Currency Corner: Aussie Kangarooing Its Way To Parity Against Dollar?

Currency Corner: Aussie Kangarooing Its Way To Parity Against Dollar?
As we come to the end of the first quarter of 2014-15, there were soft movements in all the forex majors in Wednesday's trading session with the exception of the Australian dollar. The Aussie took out the 92 cents level against the US dollar and is now trading 7 percent above its mid January low of around 87 cents.

Currency Corner: Aussie Kangarooing Its Way To Parity Against Dollar?

Turkey shuts down YouTube

Turkey shuts down YouTube
Turkey's Telecommunications Directorate Thursday blocked access to popular social network Youtube hours after a leaked voice recording of a high-level security meeting on Syria was published on this website, the media reported.

Turkey shuts down YouTube

Special court judge, order stay in Musharraf case

Special court judge, order stay in Musharraf case
Justice Faisal Arab, who heads the special court set up to try former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf for high treason, remains part of the court and the order calling for the ex-military strongman's appearance March 31 stands, the court said Thursday.

Special court judge, order stay in Musharraf case

NASA to turn astronauts into fashionistas!

NASA to turn astronauts into fashionistas!
The next space suit for a NASA astronaut may resemble some Hollywood characters as the US space agency is all set to turn budding astronauts into cool dudes!

NASA to turn astronauts into fashionistas!

300 more objects spotted, bad weather disrupts jet search

300 more objects spotted, bad weather disrupts jet search
Over 300 new objects were spotted by satellites of Thailand and Japan in or near the search area in the southern Indian Ocean where Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is believed to have been “lost” but bad weather Thursday forced Australian authorities to suspend the search operation, it was announced.

300 more objects spotted, bad weather disrupts jet search

South Asian body backs demand for immigration reform vote

South Asian body backs demand for immigration reform vote
 A South Asian group in the US has come out in support of a 'Demand A Vote' petition introduced by Democratic leaders to bring the immigration reform bill to the House floor.

South Asian body backs demand for immigration reform vote