Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Japan to turn over nuclear material to US for destruction

Japan to turn over nuclear material to US for destruction
Japan will hand over "hundreds of kilograms of sensitive nuclear material" to the US for destruction as part of the efforts to "help prevent unauthorised actors, criminals, or terrorists from acquiring such materials," the White House said Monday.

Japan to turn over nuclear material to US for destruction

Malaysian Airlines flight MH370: Timeline of events

Malaysian Airlines flight MH370: Timeline of events
The Beijing-bound Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 which went missing March 8 with 239 people on-board shortly after taking off from Kuala Lumpur, it is officially announced in Kuala Lumpur Monday, ended in the southern Indian Ocean with no survivors.

Malaysian Airlines flight MH370: Timeline of events

Airliner's flight ended in southern Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM

The Malaysia Airlines plane with 239 people on board that went missing March 8 "is lost" and there are no hopes of survivors, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak announced Monday.

Airliner's flight ended in southern Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM

Japan, China join forces in hunt for missing plane

Japan, China join forces in hunt for missing plane
Japanese search and rescue teams joined Chinese aircraft Sunday in the hunt for signs of missing Malaysian plane -- MH370 -- which has mysteriously vanished.

Japan, China join forces in hunt for missing plane

Missing Malaysia Flight MH370: No trace but hope sustains search

Missing Malaysia Flight MH370:  No trace but hope sustains search
Search for a missing Malaysian airliner yielded no result even more than a fortnight after it disappeared but Australian acting Prime Minister Warren Truss Sunday said the hunt will continue as long as there is hope. Search continued in the southern Indian Ocean after sightings of debris believed to be from the plane

Missing Malaysia Flight MH370: No trace but hope sustains search

Missing Malaysia Flight MH370: Day's search ends with sighting of 'objects'

Missing Malaysia Flight MH370: Day's search ends with sighting of 'objects'
The search for the missing Malaysian airliner ended Saturday in the southern Indian Ocean with the sighting of some objects with the naked eye even as China said that one of its satellites has spotted an object in the search area.

Missing Malaysia Flight MH370: Day's search ends with sighting of 'objects'