Wednesday, May 20, 2026
ADVT 
National

2 dead in a car crash in Nanaimo

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 18 Dec, 2023 11:07 AM
  • 2 dead in a car crash in Nanaimo

Police in Nanaimo say two people are dead after a serious single-vehicle car crash near a rural campground on Saturday morning. 

Nanaimo R-C-M-P say they arrived just before 9 a-m at the crash site on Nanaimo River Road, about 15 kilometres west of the Trans Canada Highway. 

Mounties say police, ambulance, and fire crews were on the scene in the rural area after the crash and the B-C Coroners Service is investigating the deaths. 

They say the road will be closed near the Deadwood campground area as the investigation unfolds, and there are no alternate routes as the Integrated Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Service and coroners service probe the deadly incident. 

MORE National ARTICLES

Vancouver hiker found dead near Lions Bay

Vancouver hiker found dead near Lions Bay
The search for a man who went missing during a hike near Lions Bay off the Sea to Sky highway has been called off. Lions Bay emergency program coordinator Phil Folkersen says a body has been found and it is believed to be that of Michael Tu.

Vancouver hiker found dead near Lions Bay

Man charged in Maple Ridge homicide

Man charged in Maple Ridge homicide
A 31-year-old man has been charged with second degree murder in the 2022 death of Arthur Comeau of Maple Ridge. R-C-M-P say the 41-year-old was shot to death on April 28th of last year.

Man charged in Maple Ridge homicide

2 people found dead in Kelowna home

2 people found dead in Kelowna home
They say officers responded to a 9-1-1 call last night from a home on Swan Drive. The bodies of two people were found inside the home. Police say they believe the incident was isolated and that there is no threat to public safety.  

2 people found dead in Kelowna home

David Johnston quits as special rapporteur on foreign interference

David Johnston quits as special rapporteur on foreign interference
Johnston's appointment has been contentious, with Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre repeatedly accusing him of being too close to Trudeau's family to provide an unbiased review of government actions.

David Johnston quits as special rapporteur on foreign interference

B.C. to require licence for asbestos abatement contractors by 2024

B.C. to require licence for asbestos abatement contractors by 2024
The Labour Ministry says workers must be licensed by Jan. 1. This comes following changes to the Workers Compensation Act last year, requiring that contractors who remove the cancer-causing material use only trained and certified workers.   

B.C. to require licence for asbestos abatement contractors by 2024

Shots fired in Port Coquitlam

Shots fired in Port Coquitlam
On Tuesday, at 1:44 am, Coquitlam RCMP received multiple reports of shots being fired in the 2000-block of Shaughnessy Place, Port Coquitlam. Officers immediately responded and located the victim residence. No one was physically injured during the incident. 

Shots fired in Port Coquitlam