As of Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2021, 85.1% (3,943,729) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 77.6% (3,594,929) received their second dose.
In addition, 85.7% (3,706,533) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 78.5% (3,394,910) received their second dose.
Over a four-day period, B.C. is reporting 2,425 new cases of COVID-19, including five epi-linked cases, for a total of 170,750 cases in the province:
- Sept. 3-4: 695 new cases
- Sept. 4-5: 634 new cases
- Sept. 5-6: 563 new cases
- Sept. 6-7: 533 new cases
There are 5,465 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 163,062 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 255 individuals are in hospital and 126 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
- 705 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 1,530
- 368 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 1,010
- 838 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 1,714
- 312 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 703
- 202 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 501
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: seven
In the past 96 hours, 15 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,842.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: three
- Vancouver Coastal Health: two
- Interior Health: six
- Island Health: four
There have been three new health-care facility outbreaks at Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), The Hamlets at Westsyde and Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health). The outbreaks at Peace Arch Hospital, Heritage Village (Fraser Health) and Hawthorn Park (Interior Health) have been declared over, for a total of 21 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care: Northcrest Care Centre, Menno Home (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Brock Fahrni, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health) and Sunset Lodge (Island Health)
- acute care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health) and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
- assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)