As of Monday, July 26, 2021, 80.6% (3,736,651) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 61.3% (2,840,194) have received their second dose.
In addition, 81.6% (3,529,236) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 64.4% (2,783,587) have received their second dose.
Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 267 new cases of COVID-19, including one epi-linked case, for a total of 149,109 cases in the province:
- July 23-24: 94 new cases
- July 24-25: 79 new cases
- July 25-26: 94 new cases
There are currently 695 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 146,636 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 43 individuals are in hospital and 17 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 48 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 185
- 41 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 118
- 155 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 342
- five new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 14
- 18 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 32
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: four
In the last 72 hours, one new death (Northern Health) has been reported, for an overall total of 1,768.
There are three active outbreaks in:
- acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health)
- long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Health) and Nelson Jubilee Manor (Interior Health)
- assisted or independent living: none