As of Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2021, 85.2% (3,949,169) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 77.7% (3,601,169) received their second dose.
In addition, 85.8% (3,711,066) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 78.6% (3,400,194) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 814 new cases of COVID-19, including 16 epi-linked cases, for a total of 171,564 cases in the province.
There are 5,550 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 163,793 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 261 individuals are in hospital and 129 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
- 241 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 1,601
- 135 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 939
- 272 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 1,793
- 72 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 721
- 90 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 485
- four new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 11
In the past 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,842.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. There are 21 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care: Northcrest Care Centre, Menno Home (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Brock Fahrni, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health) and Sunset Lodge (Island Health)
- acute care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health) and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
- assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
From Aug. 31-Sept. 6, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 77.8% of cases and from Aug. 24-Sept. 6, they accounted for 85.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Aug. 31-Sept. 6) – Total 4,691
- Not vaccinated: 3,247 (69.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 403 (8.6%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,041 (22.2%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Aug. 24-Sept. 6) – Total 233
- Not vaccinated: 184 (79.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 16 (6.9%)
- Fully vaccinated: 33 (14.2%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population (Aug. 31-Sept. 6)
- Not vaccinated: 244.4
- Partially vaccinated: 108.3
- Fully vaccinated: 30.0
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population (Aug. 24-Sept. 6)
- Not vaccinated: 13.7
- Partially vaccinated: 4.1
- Fully vaccinated: 1.0
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,557,556 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.